Definition of carrying capacity in English:
1The number or quantity of people or things which can be conveyed by a vehicle or container.
- In the pre-WWI era many horsecars were replaced with electric trolleys, which still had much lower carrying capacities than a modern train.
- Such vehicles are all about carrying capacity, so it's not surprising that, in Britain and further afield, the Grand Voyager is a favourite in the hotel and tourism industry, as well as with large families.
- So far, only fully tracked vehicles can provide load carrying capacity and cross-country mobility needed to effectively fight the maneuver battle.
1.1 Ecology The number of people, animals, or crops which a region can support without environmental degradation.
- Without key predators, he adds, prey populations grow beyond the ecosystem's carrying capacity and the entire food chain becomes unbalanced.
- Legumes generally improve animal performance and increase carrying capacity of pastures.
- According to the service, the Yellowstone area has reached its carrying capacity for the large predators.
Definition of carrying capacity in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.