Definition of carrying capacity in English:
1The number or quantity of people or things which can be conveyed by a vehicle or container.
- In the pre-WWI era many horsecars were replaced with electric trolleys, which still had much lower carrying capacities than a modern train.
- Such vehicles are all about carrying capacity, so it's not surprising that, in Britain and further afield, the Grand Voyager is a favourite in the hotel and tourism industry, as well as with large families.
- So far, only fully tracked vehicles can provide load carrying capacity and cross-country mobility needed to effectively fight the maneuver battle.
1.1 Ecology The number of people, animals, or crops which a region can support without environmental degradation.
- Without key predators, he adds, prey populations grow beyond the ecosystem's carrying capacity and the entire food chain becomes unbalanced.
- Legumes generally improve animal performance and increase carrying capacity of pastures.
- According to the service, the Yellowstone area has reached its carrying capacity for the large predators.
Definition of carrying capacity in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan