Definition of carrying charge in English:
1 Finance , chiefly North American An expense or effective cost arising from unproductive assets such as stored goods or unoccupied premises.
- On March 16 the company sent him an invoice for extension and carrying charges in the sum of $79, 762.50.
- If, like many folks, you use credit to finance business purchases, interest and carrying charges are fully tax deductible.
- I will also discuss how and when to report interest income, as well as when to claim any offsetting carrying charges.
2A sum payable for the conveyance of goods.
- Hence the claim for carrying charges or, as Mr Baker put it, reverse demurrage, because the ship's delay delayed the cargo.
- If you're taking your own skis, don't forget to check each airline's small print for any extra carrying charges - some do, some don't.
Definition of carrying charge in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan