Definition of cartography in English:
The science or practice of drawing maps.
- So there is good reason to say that during the war, military geography and military cartography emerged as full-fledged sciences in their own right.
- Mercator had studied geography, cartography and mathematics at the University of Louvain in Belgium.
- Cosmographia provided a layman's introduction to such subjects as astronomy, geography, cartography, surveying, navigation and mathematical instruments.
- 1cartographical adjective
- Example sentences
- Discussions about temporal and historical dimensions of cartographical styles are far-ranging, as are the reflections of narrative legends, myths, and worldviews.
- One of these, the Dauphin map, charts a coastline which, when cartographical differences have been accounted for, closely resembles the eastern coast of Australia.
- Alongside such cartographical successes developed explanations for the geographical differences that emerged.
Words that rhyme with cartographyautobiography, bibliography, biography, cardiography, chirography, choreography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, discography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, lithography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, radiography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
Definition of cartography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.