Definition of cartomancy in English:
Fortune telling by interpreting a random selection of playing cards.
- Astrology, astrotherapy, biorhythms, cartomancy, chiromancy, the enneagram, fortune telling, graphology, rumpology, etc., seem to work because they seem to provide accurate personality analyses.
- Rumpology works the same way as astrology, cartomancy, metoposcopy, palmistry, and getting messages from ghosts.
- Alliette (writing under the name of Etteilla) was probably the most famous of the French writers on cartomancy (divination by cards) Abrégé de la Cartomancie.
- Example sentences
- My life happened to intersect with the Tarot at an early age, so these days I'm a pretty decent cartomancer.
- These meanings are based on the traditional interpretations used by cartomancers for centuries.
- You don't have to be a prophet or a cartomancer to work that out; you just have to be completely detached.
Words that rhyme with cartomancyYangtze • necromancy
Definition of cartomancy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.