Definition of cartomancy in English:
Fortune telling by interpreting a random selection of playing cards.
- Astrology, astrotherapy, biorhythms, cartomancy, chiromancy, the enneagram, fortune telling, graphology, rumpology, etc., seem to work because they seem to provide accurate personality analyses.
- Rumpology works the same way as astrology, cartomancy, metoposcopy, palmistry, and getting messages from ghosts.
- Alliette (writing under the name of Etteilla) was probably the most famous of the French writers on cartomancy (divination by cards) Abrégé de la Cartomancie.
- Example sentences
- My life happened to intersect with the Tarot at an early age, so these days I'm a pretty decent cartomancer.
- These meanings are based on the traditional interpretations used by cartomancers for centuries.
- You don't have to be a prophet or a cartomancer to work that out; you just have to be completely detached.
Definition of cartomancy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan