The collecting of picture cards, such as postcards or cigarette cards, as a hobby.
More example sentences
- Complete sets of MacDonald's cricketers or Taddy's clowns rank among the blue chips of cartophily.
- Cartophily bloomed in the early part of the 20th century as cartophily shops and clubs were formed to support the popular pastime.
- So far, I am conscious that I may be painting an extremely rose-coloured picture of cartophily.
- More example sentences
- The greatest show on earth - for cartophilists, or card collectors - has come to Yorkshire, recalling the days when you really could get an education off the back of a cigarette packet.
- I would not call myself a true cartophilist since my interest in the hobby is extremely limited.
- Recently however, fellow cartophilist John Cotton has sent information which shows that it is possible to differentiate between the two printings, but the difference is subtle.