See parent entry: carve
Definition of carve someone up in English:
1Slash someone with a knife or other sharp object.
- Actually, his relatives seem more interested in carving her up with a knife - and Daniel along with her.
- I'll go straight to wherever you're lying, asleep, and use that knife to carve you up.
- They're standing out there with long knives, waiting to carve you up and you had to justify everything you said.
2Drive aggressively into the path of another driver while overtaking: I had to carve up a Volvo in order to follow him
More example sentences
- It's the online equivalent to blowing a whistle down the phone line when dealing with nuisance calls - or chasing a motorist for five miles after they've carved you up.
- Next came a man who carved me up somewhere near Regent's Park in London.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan