Definition of carver in English:
1A person who carves a hard material professionally: an ivory carver
More example sentences
- In a rainforest environment, wood is the most easily available material and Sepik carvers are renowned craftsmen.
- He noted that the permanent workforce at Coalbrookdale included artists, modellers, carvers, pattern-makers, moulders, finishers, painters, gilders and decorators.
- Like stone, wood is an unforgiving material that demands a carver with a sure sense of design, an unerring eye for infinitesimal detail, and the patience of Job.
3A person who cuts and serves the meat at a meal.
- Center the roast on a carving board that is long enough to allow the carver to cut the meat without spilling on the tablecloth.
- The waiters and meat carvers were quite friendly, some more than others.
- Such a criticism could not be made of his own book, which devotes 10 chapters to the status and duties of a carver, and no fewer than 76 chapters to the carving of particular foodstuffs.
Definition of carver in:
- US English dictionary