- The law as established by the outcome of former cases. Compare with common law, statute law.More example sentences
- Recent case law on malpractice litigation and informed consent has been incorporated.
- Of course, the matter is of public interest but the point is secure on established case law and clear in your Lordship's judgment.
- It is important to note that in this area the law is the product of case law rather than statute.
More definitions of case lawDefinition of case law in:
- The US English dictionary