1A window or part of a window set on a vertical hinge so that it opens like a door.
- A casement window works like a door, with hinges on one side and the lock and handle on the other.
- Leaded casement windows opened on to the tiny plaza in front of the cathedral and a breeze billowed tapestry-like curtains in the bedroom and sitting rooms.
- The new room measures only 12x13 feet but feels far more spacious thanks to a large casement window and sliding glass doors that open onto a new deck.
1.1 literary A window of any kind.
- She never really noticed much even though that large casement exposed the contents of the store like the box of a toy with the cellophane window.
- The stained-glass insert in the astronomer's casement is the one minor detail that differentiates the two hourglass windows.
Definition of casement in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.