• military slang
- Evacuation of casualties by air.More example sentences
- Helicopters performed essential duties in medical evacuation, they were usually known as dustoffs, performing dustoff duty, or casevac (casualty evacuation).
- He said casualties arrived mainly by casevac helicopters, usually after initial treatment at a field hospital.
- Development and conduct of several training exercises based on communications, search and rescue, force evacuation, mine incident and casevac scenarios.
verb (casevacs, casevacing, casevaced)[with object] Back to top
- Evacuate (a casualty) by air.More example sentences
- Delta Four was not out of trouble yet, coming under fire while casevacing wounded at the bunker system.
- Rapidly casevaced by the Royal Air Force, he was given swift treatment that ultimately saved his life.
- However, on the 3rd of February 1991 he was casevaced back to the UK and hospitalised.