Definition of cash and carry in English:
1A system of wholesale trading whereby goods are paid for in full at the time of purchase and taken away by the purchaser.
- There is enclosed yard space on either side and the selling agent expects interest from cash and carry, manufacturing and distribution users.
- A long time resident of Killiney, Co Dublin, he enjoyed a successful career in the cash and carry business through his firm Lee & Co.
- But as long as the conflict continues in this troubled region, experts says the more likely the Congo will continue to be a cash and carry economy.
1.1A wholesale store operating the cash-and-carry system.
- A recent survey has shown that nearly forty per cent of small traders buy part of their stock from supermarkets rather than the more traditional cash-and-carry outlets.
- In the 1960s he closed the warehouse and opened a supermarket in Motherwell with his brother before turning it into a cash-and-carry store.
- Have your friends or neighbours ever offered you their cash-and-carry card because they reckon that buying through a wholesaler is better than at a ordinary retail store?
Definition of cash and carry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.