- A machine used in shops that has a drawer for money and totals, displays, and records the amount of each sale.More example sentences
- I walked quickly back to the counter and pulled out a piece of paper and pen from a drawer below the cash register.
- You're more likely to end up with dust on the countertops than money in the cash register.
- There was a time when the only type of register to be found in a supermarket was the cash register that held the money at the checkout.
More definitions of cash registerDefinition of cash register in:
- The US English dictionary