1A form of incentive offered to buyers of certain products whereby they receive a cash refund after making their purchase.
- With a cashback mortgage, you receive a lump sum upfront, in return for agreeing to be locked in to a particular rate for a pre-set period.
- As the January sales continue, the dealer is taking early action by offering new car buyers competitive cashback offers.
- The deals also typically offer incentives, such as cashback and free valuations.
1.1A facility offered by some retailers whereby the customer may withdraw cash when making a debit card purchase.
- Use your debit card for purchases or get cashback from a retailer
- Next February, it will launch the first ever current account that pays cashback on debit card purchases.
- In some stores customers get 10% cashback, and 20% back at selected others.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cash|back
Definition of cashback in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.