Definition of cashback in English:
1A form of incentive offered to buyers of certain products whereby they receive a cash refund after making their purchase.
- With a cashback mortgage, you receive a lump sum upfront, in return for agreeing to be locked in to a particular rate for a pre-set period.
- As the January sales continue, the dealer is taking early action by offering new car buyers competitive cashback offers.
- The deals also typically offer incentives, such as cashback and free valuations.
1.1A facility offered by some retailers whereby the customer may withdraw cash when making a debit card purchase.
- Use your debit card for purchases or get cashback from a retailer
- Next February, it will launch the first ever current account that pays cashback on debit card purchases.
- In some stores customers get 10% cashback, and 20% back at selected others.
Definition of cashback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia