- The swollen edible fruit of the cashew tree, from which the cashew nut hangs, sometimes used to make wine.More example sentences
- The cashew nut grows externally in its own kidney shaped hard shell at the end of this peduncle - commonly known as cashew fruit or cashew apple.
- Ever breathed in the nostalgic fragrance of the ‘paranki maanga’ (cashew apple) in a bustling city?
- The cashew apple is not commercially important since it spoils quickly, but local people love the fruit.
More definitions of cashew appleDefinition of cashew apple in:
- The US English dictionary