- The person responsible for assigning roles in a film or play.More example sentences
- The fact that he's working with an exceptional cast mitigates his seeming ineffectualness, but I wonder if he's not a better casting director than theatrical director.
- It's a nightmare role for casting directors and actors, because nobody can possibly live up to the ideal.
- It's funny how some actors suggest themselves to casting directors for certain roles.
More definitions of casting directorDefinition of casting director in:
- The US English dictionary