- 1 Greek Mythology The twin brother of Pollux. See Dioscuri.
More definitions of CastorDefinition of Castor in:
- The US English dictionary
- 1Each of a set of small swivelling wheels fixed to the legs or base of a heavy piece of furniture so that it can be moved easily.More example sentences
- The chair has four legs, pedestal or swivel base with castors.
- The cleaner can be used on all coverings, from shagpile carpets to wooden floorboards and ceramic tiles, and is fitted with a soft tread on the castors and wheels to protect even the most sensitive floor coverings.
- The base is available with castors for hard or soft floors.
- An oily reddish-brown substance secreted by beavers, used in medicine and perfumes.More example sentences
- Beavers produce scent from their castor glands that creates a reddish stain on mounds of grass and mud that they build at the water's edge.
late Middle English (in the sense 'beaver'): from Old French or Latin, from Greek kastōr.