- A pale yellow oil obtained from castor beans, used as a purgative, a lubricant, and in manufacturing oil-based products.More example sentences
- Mild oily purgatives like castor oil or bulk laxatives such as linseed or psyllium seeds are recommended.
- Civil War surgeons began treatment with mild purgatives, such as castor oil, extract of senna, or small doses of calomel.
- The products include cashew, castor oil, palm, potato, soybean, green bean, peanut, maize, sweet corn and eucalyptus.
mid 18th century: perhaps so named because it succeeded castor2 in medicinal use.
More definitions of castor oilDefinition of castor oil in:
- The US English dictionary