An African shrub with lobed serrated leaves, which yields the seeds from which castor oil is obtained and is widely naturalized in warm countries.
- Ricinus communis, family Euphorbiaceae
More example sentences
- It comes from the beans of the castor oil plant, ricinis communis, which grows widely in warm climates and here and there in England.
- Despite its exotic indoor plant appearance, Fatsia, the castor oil plant, grows very well outside and is ideal for filling a large space.
- This is particularly true with the castor oil plant which is an annual that produces a prolific amount of seeds in a short time, so it's important to pull them out before they flower.
Definition of castor oil plant in:
- The US English dictionary