A small bottom-dwelling shark that has catlike eyes and small dorsal fins set well back, inhabiting warmer waters.
- Apristurus and other genera, family Scyliorhinidae: several species
More example sentences
- As a finale, Reon takes us the next day to a local reef famous for its cat sharks.
- When I first saw the banded cat shark at the zoo, I had a hard time understanding why they called it that.
- The brown cat shark is oviparous, with eggs deposited in transparent oblong cases slightly over 5 cm long.
Definition of cat shark in:
- The US English dictionary