Relating to or involving the action of a catalyst.
More example sentences
- Traces of metal ions (which could act as catalytic redox centres) were similarly ruled out.
- Such a development might be useful in stereoselective catalytic syntheses.
- Many organic molecules undergo structural changes as a result of catalytic reactions with acid or base.
mid 19th century: from catalysis, on the pattern of pairs such as analysis, analytic.
- More example sentences
- In this method, sulfur dioxide gas and air are converted catalytically into sulfur trioxide, a gas that combines explosively with water to form sulfuric acid.
- The reactions above were performed with preformed oxo species, but the researchers also found that the reactions proceeded catalytically under aerobic conditions.
- During refining, these metals form a catalytically active layer with sulfur from the oil.
Definition of catalytic in:
- The US English dictionary