- A device incorporated in the exhaust system of a motor vehicle, containing a catalyst for converting pollutant gases into less harmful ones.More example sentences
- Finally the redesigned exhaust system brings the catalytic converters closer to the engine for faster light-off.
- This contrasts with competing lean burn high-pressure direct injection systems which require a catalytic converter with a NOx trap to control emissions.
- These include oil and fuel pumps, transmissions, thermal management of underhood electronics, catalytic converters, intake and exhaust manifolds and interior cabin air circulation.
More definitions of catalytic converterDefinition of catalytic converter in:
- The US English dictionary