- A yacht or other boat with twin hulls in parallel.More example sentences
- The kinds of boats available range from 80-foot motor yachts and sprawling catamarans to smaller sailboats that cater to couples.
- The 59-year-old was escorted into harbour by 400 motorboats, yachts, catamarans and canoes blowing sirens and whistles.
- If you charter a boat in Miami, you can pick and choose among spacious trawlers, luxurious motor yachts, or swift catamarans.
early 17th century: from Tamil kaṭṭumaram, literally 'tied wood'.
More definitions of catamaranDefinition of catamaran in:
- The US English dictionary