noun[mass noun] • rare
- Blood and other matter discharged from the uterus at menstruation.More example sentences
- Girls rarely conceive before the catamenia appear.
- The deficiency of the catamenia in these cases may be looked upon as incurable.
- I am of opinion that, if the general health were perfectly good, the cessation of the catamenia would always be accomplished naturally.
mid 18th century: Greek, neuter plural form of katamēnios 'monthly', from kata 'down' + mēn 'month': see -ia2.
More definitions of catameniaDefinition of catamenia in:
- The US English dictionary