Definition of catarrh in English:
Excessive discharge or build-up of mucus in the nose or throat, associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane.
- There may be lots of mucus or catarrh in the nose and mouth.
- Dairy products do have a tendency to induce the production of mucus and catarrh around the nose and throat.
- The catarrh produced with throat or tonsil infections can also cause bad breath.
- Example sentences
- Typical pertussis has been divided into three clinical phases: catarrhal, paroxysmal, and convalescent.
- Administration of antibiotics during the catarrhal stage shortens the duration and decreases symptom severity of the disease.
- The contagious period is seven days following exposure to the organism and during the catarrhal stage.
Definition of catarrh in:
- US English dictionary