Definition of catarrh in English:
Excessive discharge or build-up of mucus in the nose or throat, associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane.
- There may be lots of mucus or catarrh in the nose and mouth.
- Dairy products do have a tendency to induce the production of mucus and catarrh around the nose and throat.
- The catarrh produced with throat or tonsil infections can also cause bad breath.
- Example sentences
- Typical pertussis has been divided into three clinical phases: catarrhal, paroxysmal, and convalescent.
- Administration of antibiotics during the catarrhal stage shortens the duration and decreases symptom severity of the disease.
- The contagious period is seven days following exposure to the organism and during the catarrhal stage.
Definition of catarrh in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia