- 1A person or thing that catches something: a humane spider catcherMore example sentences
- One reason for the increase is thought to be the foot-and-mouth epidemic two years ago which meant mole catchers could not get access to large expanses of land to control the mole population.
- In 2001, 13 professional bird catchers were operating in the area, a number that by 2002 had risen to 24.
- There are still plenty of wild goats on the Kerry mountains, but a problem nowadays is in finding goat catchers to help with the capture, according to Frank.
- 1.1 Baseball A fielder positioned behind home plate to catch pitches not hit by the batter.More example sentences
- He swings and misses a third strike on a pitch that bounces at the catcher's feet and rolls behind him.
- A wild pitch is when the catcher misses it - if a man is on base he can easily steal a base, maybe two.
- He is one of the best defensive catchers in baseball, but he has had hitting problems, especially against left-handers.
More definitions of catcherDefinition of catcher in:
- The US English dictionary