1A person or thing that catches something: a humane spider catcher
More example sentences
- One reason for the increase is thought to be the foot-and-mouth epidemic two years ago which meant mole catchers could not get access to large expanses of land to control the mole population.
- In 2001, 13 professional bird catchers were operating in the area, a number that by 2002 had risen to 24.
- There are still plenty of wild goats on the Kerry mountains, but a problem nowadays is in finding goat catchers to help with the capture, according to Frank.
1.1 Baseball A fielder positioned behind home plate to catch pitches not hit by the batter.
- He swings and misses a third strike on a pitch that bounces at the catcher's feet and rolls behind him.
- A wild pitch is when the catcher misses it - if a man is on base he can easily steal a base, maybe two.
- He is one of the best defensive catchers in baseball, but he has had hitting problems, especially against left-handers.
Words that rhyme with catcherdacha, focaccia, garnacha, patcher, scratcher, snatcher, stature, thatcher
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.