Definition of catheterize in English:
verb[with object] Medicine
Insert a catheter into (a body cavity): the renal vein was not catheterized
More example sentences
- The right lower forelimb vein was catheterized for intravenous infusion of Ringer's lactate.
- An 86 year old man who had had a transurethral prostatectomy in 1985 was catheterised for acute urinary retention and allowed home with a catheter in situ.
- He presented to his local emergency department the next evening with acute urinary retention and was catheterised and admitted to a urological ward.
- Example sentences
- The advent of echocardiography, cardiac catheterisation, and nuclear medicine have since improved the diagnosis and investigation of patients with heart failure.
- During the last 10 years, we have substituted bedside echocardiography for right heart catheterization in our ICU.
- The patient then has a stress thallium test or, at the preference of the cardiologist, heart catheterisation or coronary angiography.
Definition of catheterize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.