- A high-vacuum tube in which cathode rays produce a luminous image on a fluorescent screen, used in televisions and computer terminals.More example sentences
- The cathode ray tube of any TV or computer monitor is really a particle accelerator.
- He found that if the tube was placed within an electric or magnetic field, then the cathode rays could be deflected or moved (this is how the the cathode ray tube on your television works).
- For the past 75 years, the vast majority of televisions have been built around the same technology, the cathode ray tube.
More definitions of cathode ray tubeDefinition of cathode ray tube in:
- The US English dictionary