1Of the Roman Catholic faith.
- The two principles that guided his life and career were a deep Catholic faith and Catalan nationalism.
- Believing in the authenticity of such apparitions is not even a requirement of Catholic faith.
- Since 1854, the immaculate conception has been an essential dogma of the Catholic faith.
1.2Relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church: the Church of England must not compromise its Catholic principles
More example sentences
- One reason, no doubt, was the Oxford Movement and its revival of Catholic practice.
- Actually they seem to argue more accurately for certain heresies than they do for the Catholic doctrines.
- Moreover, far from being a heretic, he loyally endorsed the essentials of Catholic doctrine.
A member of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Under the law of the church, remarried Catholics are prohibited from communion.
- In such a church, no one could seriously hope to control what Catholics read and hear.
- Traditionally, Catholics see their church as partner of the state, not part of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.