- A solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases; a panacea.More example sentences
- "Mithridate" and "Venice treacle," each composed of forty antagonizing ingredients, were the great Catholicons.
- A good wife is a Catholicon for all the evils that happen in life.
- Death is the cure of all diseases. There is no Catholicon or universal remedy I know but this.
late Middle English: medieval Latin, from Greek dia katholikōn 'made of general ingredients': compare with diacatholicon.
More definitions of catholiconDefinition of catholicon in:
- The US English dictionary