- A plant of the mint family, with downy leaves, purple-spotted white flowers, and a pungent smell attractive to cats. Also called catnip.
More example sentences
- Genus Nepeta, family Labiatae: several species
- When planted behind catmint, dark-foliaged ‘Palace Purple’ heuchera makes the catmint's lavender-blue flowers stand out.
- Plants deer especially dislike include catmint, chives, lavender, sage, spearmint, thyme and yarrow-all useful and easy to grow in this area.
- Don't forget some herbs make great groundcover/hole fillers and thyme, oregano and catmint are ideal for planting in pockets.
More definitions of catmintDefinition of catmint in:
- The US English dictionary