- A short sleep during the day.More example sentences
- I plan to have a short catnap (ten minutes tops) on the sofa before jogging down the road to class.
- After a short catnap while the vessel eased through the locks of the Welland Canal, it would be time to clean out the ship.
- Although billed as the ultimate exercise in sleep deprivation, shattered competitors have been allowed occasional catnaps agreed by the producers.
verb (catnaps, catnapping, catnapped)[no object] Back to top
- Have a catnap: Carradine catnapped in a hammock between two chairsMore example sentences
- You'd better add power relaxing: catnapping through phone holds, deep breathing during tv commercials and meditating in checkout queues.
- And I'm very good at catnapping - I've been like that since I was a wee boy.
- By day we took to residing not by our pool, but in it - eating, drinking, reading, catnapping and occasionally even swimming, under siege from the July sun.
More definitions of catnapDefinition of catnap in:
- The US English dictionary