Definition of catnip in English:
1A plant of the mint family, with downy leaves, purple-spotted white flowers, and a pungent smell attractive to cats. Also called catmint.
- Genus Nepeta, family Labiatae: several species
- Interplant with horseradish, dead nettle, catnip, coriander, nasturtiums, and tansy.
- Chewing insects can spread the disease from weeds as they feed, so be sure to remove all nearby pokeweed, nightshade, catnip, horsenettle and motherwort.
- Unless it's the drug-like catnips and valerians, most cats ignore growing things.
1.1Someone or something that is very attractive or appealing to a particular person or group: both men are aggressive self-promoters and catnip for the media biotech stocks have become catnip to investors this year
More example sentences
- This kind of stuff is catnip to the mainstream press, which otherwise doesn't know much or care much about Bitcoin.
- Civil War reenactments are catnip for photographers.
- The technical legal term for that kind of evidence is "juror catnip."
Words that rhyme with catnipCudlipp • paperclip • parsnip
Definition of catnip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.