- another term for catmint.More example sentences
- Interplant with horseradish, dead nettle, catnip, coriander, nasturtiums, and tansy.
- Chewing insects can spread the disease from weeds as they feed, so be sure to remove all nearby pokeweed, nightshade, catnip, horsenettle and motherwort.
- Unless it's the drug-like catnips and valerians, most cats ignore growing things.
late 18th century (originally US): from cat1 + nip, variant of dialect nep, nept, from medieval Latin nepta, from Latin nepeta 'catmint'.
More definitions of catnipDefinition of catnip in:
- The US English dictionary