nounNorth American • informal
- An open audition for parts in a play or film.More example sentences
- I used to audition when I was younger; I'd go on cattle calls, but they didn't know if they wanted me or a young Chinese boy, and it was very overwhelming for me.
- But so far, after a half-dozen cattle calls, a full round of ‘Meet the Press’ appearances, and an untold number of pancake breakfasts, there is no real frontrunner.
- Drew Eshelman, who had appeared at the cattle call, instantly got the Gary Arlington role.
More definitions of cattle callDefinition of cattle call in:
- The US English dictionary