Definition of catwalk in English:
1A platform extending into an auditorium, along which models walk to display clothes in fashion shows.
- Along with trying to walk down the catwalk gracefully, the models also had to dance in front of the judges.
- There's a fashion TV channel and it shows Pakistani models walking down catwalks and Pakistani designers who are as flamboyant as designers anywhere.
- Burberry is worn by top models on the catwalks of major fashion shows around the world.
2A narrow walkway or open bridge, especially in an industrial installation.
- The fountain promises to be a spectacular light and water show in a plaza, which is spanned by a catwalk bridge.
- As a fierce rain beats against them, a struggle ensues between father and son, and Vincenzo drops the revolver onto a catwalk running alongside the bridge.
- The door opened onto a catwalk overlooking the bay, where a sleek, angular, black ship was dominating the hangar.
Words that rhyme with catwalksmooth-talk • jaywalk
Definition of catwalk in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.