Definition of catwalk in English:
1A platform extending into an auditorium, along which models walk to display clothes in fashion shows.
- Along with trying to walk down the catwalk gracefully, the models also had to dance in front of the judges.
- There's a fashion TV channel and it shows Pakistani models walking down catwalks and Pakistani designers who are as flamboyant as designers anywhere.
- Burberry is worn by top models on the catwalks of major fashion shows around the world.
2A narrow walkway or open bridge, especially in an industrial installation.
- The fountain promises to be a spectacular light and water show in a plaza, which is spanned by a catwalk bridge.
- As a fierce rain beats against them, a struggle ensues between father and son, and Vincenzo drops the revolver onto a catwalk running alongside the bridge.
- The door opened onto a catwalk overlooking the bay, where a sleek, angular, black ship was dominating the hangar.
Definition of catwalk in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan