Definition of caudate in English:
1 Anatomy Relating to or denoting the caudate nucleus.
- Inferiorly, the caudate lobe is near the inferior vena cava and the quadrate lobe rests near the gallbladder.
- The caudate lobe, located in the lesser curvature of the stomach caudal to the duodenum, is one of the auxiliary lobes now used as a landmark for gastric surgery.
- Cranial CT and magnetic resonance imaging revealed a small metastasis in the right caudate nucleus.
nounBack to top
short for caudate nucleus.
- The term corpus striatum refers to the caudate, putamen, and globus pallidus.
- The putamen is separated from the caudate by the anterior limb of the internal capsule.
- Atrophy is most marked in the corpus striatum of the basal ganglia, including the caudate and putamen.
early 17th century: from medieval Latin caudatus, from cauda 'tail'.
Definition of caudate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan