- Among the varieties, there were 15 white cauliflowers, 3 purple cauliflowers, four broccolis, and a collard.
- Cabbages and cauliflowers have to go from Jubilee Allotment gardens, Kendal, so the Cumbria Education Department can raise a crop of healthy children.
- Varieties of kale will cross-pollinate, as well as with cabbages and cauliflowers.
- Shred the vegetables and put cauliflower, beans and carrots in a pot of water, add some salt, take them out after boiling.
- It is said to counteract flatulence and is often used in the cooking of pulses and other ‘windy’ vegetables such as cauliflower.
- It came with seasonal vegetables including cauliflower, carrots, new potatoes and sliced courgettes.
late 16th century: from obsolete French chou fleuri 'flowered cabbage', probably from Italian cavolfiore or modern Latin cauliflora. The original English form colieflorie or cole-flory had its first element influenced by cole; the second element was influenced by flower during the 17th century.
Definition of cauliflower in:
- The US English dictionary