Definition of causality in English:
1The relationship between cause and effect.
- To deny causality is to deny divine wisdom, for causality is a necessary relation.
- I also point out the difference between causality and correlation.
- Note, however, that such a correlation does not indicate which is the relation of causality between the two variables.
2The principle that everything has a cause.
- Another reason for Russell's reversion to realism was his recognition that the notion of causality is problematic for phenomenalism.
- It is not surprising that much of the argument of the Analytic concerns the ideas of substance and causality, as Kant wished us to understand them.
- Another of his interests was natural philosophy, in particular he was interested in determinism and chance, causality and indeterminacy.
Definition of causality in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.