Definition of causality in English:
1The relationship between cause and effect.
- To deny causality is to deny divine wisdom, for causality is a necessary relation.
- I also point out the difference between causality and correlation.
- Note, however, that such a correlation does not indicate which is the relation of causality between the two variables.
2The principle that everything has a cause.
- Another reason for Russell's reversion to realism was his recognition that the notion of causality is problematic for phenomenalism.
- It is not surprising that much of the argument of the Analytic concerns the ideas of substance and causality, as Kant wished us to understand them.
- Another of his interests was natural philosophy, in particular he was interested in determinism and chance, causality and indeterminacy.
Definition of causality in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia