- A raised road or track across low or wet ground: an island reached at low tide by a causewayMore example sentences
- The ceremonial centres included temples, pyramids, ball-courts, palaces, and plazas, usually linked by causeways or wide paved roads.
- Coastal rains, which are set to continue, have flooded some local access roads and causeways, particularly in the rural areas.
- The debate also cast doubt about whether taxis have been charging too much for long rides from the causeway to Apex or Road To Nowhere.
More definitions of causewayDefinition of causeway in:
- The US English dictionary