- another term for sodium hydroxide.More example sentences
- Sodium hydroxide, NaOH, also known as lye and caustic soda, is one of the most important of all industrial chemicals.
- One of the washing processes involves using sulphuric acid and caustic soda which can destroy car engines.
- Scottish Water admitted allowing a discharge of sodium hydroxide - or caustic soda - from their water treatment works at Bonnycraig near Peebles into a local stream in June last year.
More definitions of caustic sodaDefinition of caustic soda in:
- The US English dictionary