noun (plural cavaquinhos)
- A type of small, four-stringed guitar resembling a ukulele, popular in Brazil and Portugal.More example sentences
- Carlos elegantly distills the essence of Peruvian Quecua waltzes usually heard with Pan flutes and cavaquinhos but here played with an accordion.
- Her two brothers played guitars and cavaquinhos at home, and rather than play hopscotch or dolls with other girls of her age, her great pleasure was to accompany her brothers.
- Back in the 1400s, Portuguese sailors took cavaquinhos with them on their voyages of discovery to Africa, the Americas and the Caribbean.
More definitions of cavaquinhoDefinition of cavaquinho in:
- The US English dictionary