Definition of cavesson in English:
1A type of heavy bridle which lacks a bit and has a thick noseband fitted with rings to which a rein may be attached.
- The horse should be quietly led into the area where his work will begin and the rein should be fastened to the centre ring on the cavesson and the side reins fitted as previously explained.
- Longeing cavessons may be expensive, but cost can be justified if they are used on several horses.
- Snap it on to your cavesson and always hold the lunge line in a manner that will allow it to peel off with tangling.
1.1A simple noseband on a horse’s bridle.
- Many beginner horse owners and riders start off using the standard noseband or cavesson that comes with their bridle, unaware that a world of noseband options are out there.
- This halter works under all types of bridles, cavessons and nosebands.
- Adjust it loosely, just as you would an ordinary cavesson, and your horse will be comfortable.
Definition of cavesson in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.