- A dark-leaved variety of kale used in Tuscan cookery.More example sentences
- You could use cavolo nero, Swiss chard, kale, sprout tops, spring greens or Savoy cabbage, listed in my order of preference.
- She purées cavolo nero, a greenish-black kale, for a sauce that clings to gritty artisanal bucatini, and tops the dish with crunchy sautéed bread crumbs (a signature touch).
- Spinach, cavolo nero and kale also like the company of sunblush tomatoes, especially if there is some garlic in there too.
Italian, from cavolo 'cabbage' + nero 'black'.
More definitions of cavolo neroDefinition of cavolo nero in:
- The US English dictionary