noun (plural same or cedis)
- The basic monetary unit of Ghana, equal to 100 pesewas.More example sentences
- Non-Ghanaian nationals pay ten times more than Ghanaian nationals: ten thousand cedis (approximately four dollars) instead of one thousand cedis (approximately forty cents).
- Though they account for just two per cent of the Kuapa farmers’ total business, the $150 premium goes a long way in Ghana where the cedi is so devalued.
- The cedi dropped 12 cents against the U.S. dollar and 83 cents against the pound at the end of April.
of Ghanaian origin, perhaps an alteration of shilling.
More definitions of cediDefinition of cedi in:
- The US English dictionary