- The projection into space of the earth’s equator; an imaginary circle equidistant from the celestial poles.More example sentences
- The vernal and autumnal equinoxes occur when the ecliptic crosses the celestial equator, so linking stars, sun and earth through the passage of time.
- The statue's sky globe, which is 26 inches in diameter, shows 41 Greek constellations, as well as the celestial equator, tropics and ecliptic.
- The ‘equinox’ for Church purposes is stipulated to be the whole of March 21, whereas the astronomically defined instant of the equinox - when the Sun crosses the celestial equator - varies over a 53-hour range from March 19 to 21.
More definitions of celestial equatorDefinition of celestial equator in:
- The US English dictionary