- A spherical representation of the sky showing the constellations.More example sentences
- In 1444 he became interested in astronomy and purchased sixteen books on astronomy, a wooden celestial globe, a copper celestial globe and various astronomical instruments including an astrolabe.
- Time was astronomical, founded on the movements of the celestial bodies, and this is represented by there being a celestial globe with 48 constellations and 1022 stars.
- He now began to construct astronomical instruments, including water clocks for accurate timing and armillary spheres which represent the celestial globe.
More definitions of celestial globeDefinition of celestial globe in:
- The US English dictionary