- 1The person in a monastery who is responsible for provisioning and catering.More example sentences
- Within the abbey, some monks had particular jobs to do and specific titles, such as the cellarer.
- 1.1A cellarman.More example sentences
- André Simon was, unsurprisingly, a leading light and the original cellarer and treasurer.
- I had the cellarer bring me a flask of good de Nef wine, all for nothing.
- She thought about how lonely and cold the cellarer's job had to be. ‘Mother is lucky in comparison.’
More definitions of cellarerDefinition of cellarer in:
- The US English dictionary