noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A thin transparent wrapping material made from viscose: [as modifier]: a cellophane bagMore example sentences
- Plastic bags can be a suffocation danger for babies and small children and wrapping paper and cellophane are easy to slip on.
- They had lots of white silk shirts packaged in cellophane.
- In between, pinned to the wall, was a silk scarf wrapped in cellophane.
early 20th century: from cellulose + -phane, from diaphane, a kind of semi-transparent woven silk (from medieval Latin diaphanus 'diaphanous').
More definitions of cellophaneDefinition of cellophane in:
- The US English dictionary