noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An enzyme that converts cellulose into glucose or a disaccharide.More example sentences
- A good digestive enzyme should include lipase to digests fats, amylase for carbohydrates, protease for proteins, cellulase for cellulose and fiber, and lactase for dairy.
- As is erodes, it releases the digestive enzymes, amylase, lipase, and cellulase.
- As such, it's an abundant source of energy, but most animals lack the enzyme cellulase, which breaks the bonds that lock the individual sugar molecules together.
More definitions of cellulaseDefinition of cellulase in:
- The US English dictionary