Definition of cembalo in English:
noun (plural cembalos)
Another term for harpsichord.
- The instrumental ensemble he has assembled - the scores that have come down to us do not indicate instrumentation - consists of three violins, two violas, two cellos, two cembalos, two lutes, harp, two flutes, dulzian, and two cornets.
- In the midst of the orchestra, the cembalo has been placed.
- The right cembalo in the right hands provides a cleansing of the musical palate, enjoyable to the point of tears.
- Example sentences
- At present, he is the solo cembalist of Telemann Institute Japan and director of Collegium Musicum Telemann.
- At the age of six he studied music with his father, a cembalist, and three years later he turned to composition.
- The first period, he was an employee in the bank Den Norske Creditbank in Oslo as well as performing as a cembalist and composer.
Definition of cembalo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan