noun (plural cembalos)
Another term for harpsichord.
More example sentences
- The instrumental ensemble he has assembled - the scores that have come down to us do not indicate instrumentation - consists of three violins, two violas, two cellos, two cembalos, two lutes, harp, two flutes, dulzian, and two cornets.
- In the midst of the orchestra, the cembalo has been placed.
- The right cembalo in the right hands provides a cleansing of the musical palate, enjoyable to the point of tears.
- More example sentences
- At present, he is the solo cembalist of Telemann Institute Japan and director of Collegium Musicum Telemann.
- At the age of six he studied music with his father, a cembalist, and three years later he turned to composition.
- The first period, he was an employee in the bank Den Norske Creditbank in Oslo as well as performing as a cembalist and composer.
Definition of cembalo in:
- The US English dictionary